If you have some COM+ object that connects to SQL Server and opens a transaction, sometimes it stops working at all, you may be facing a COM+ Corrupted Database, to “repair” this database you must follow the following steps:
- Find the file %WinDir%\System32\Clbcatq.dll and rename it to ~Clbcatq.dll
- Reboot the computer in Recovery Mode.
- Open the Registry and delete the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\COM3.
- Find in the %WinDir% directory and look for a subdirectory named Registration. Delete Registration folder.
- Reboot the machine normally.
- Open Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Click Next to reinstall COM+.
- Now your transactions should work
Ing. Eduardo Castro Martínez, PhD – Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Technorati Tags: SQL Server
LiveJournal Tags: SQL Server
del.icio.us Tags: SQL Server